The winners of the first UAE AeroPress Championship are (with their recipes):
-1st: Grant Studer, Independent
Inverted, standard issue paper filter, 15.6g coffee.
Hario Ceramic Slim, set to 10 clicks past 0.
1: Water to 90, remove kettle from element, remove lid from kettle.
2: Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the aeropress plunger/cylinder.
3: Add grounds.
4: Add just enough water to soak the grounds, remove lid from kettle.
5: 30 seconds after you pour the water on the grounds, stir for about 5 seconds.
6: Fill water completely to the top. 60 seconds. During this time, swish some water around in the mug, then dump it out.
7: Flip, plunge for 30 seconds directly into the drinking vessel. Leave the bottom two centimeters or so (just the grounds) unplunged.
– 2nd: Luke P. Quiampang, Tom&Serg
– Inverted brew method
– 20 grams of coffee ground at the 6.3 setting on EK43
– 230g water
– heat water to 88 Celsius
– add 60 grams of water
– turbulent wiggle 15 seconds
– 30 seconds bloom
– add the rest of the water in 10 seconds
– start pressing at 2:00 minutes
– 2:20 minutes total brew time
– 3er: Mohamed Ali Mohamed Alkarbi, Independent
17 g of coffee ground mid-fine to fine (hand grinder)
87 C water temperature
30 ml for pre infusion for 40 seconds
And then add 250 to the top
Then press for 25 seconds